The manufacturing industry is going through shift after shift as businesses continue to embrace a digital transformation. Luckily, Salesforce and industry-specific ERP solutions such as Rootstock, make it easier for companies to plan, allocate resources, and take action to meet changing business needs.
Here are the 10 key areas to focus on when reviewing operations management
- Goods and Services: Look for ways to implement consistency in costs, quality, and resources across all business divisions.
- Quality Management: Use market research to determine customer needs and batch quality assurance testing on products and services in production.
- Process and Capacity: Opt for strategies which support all production goals, including technology and resources. A value stream map can help determine what processes are necessary and how to keep them running efficiently.
- Location: Your choice of location involves a considerable amount of strategy. You’ll want a full overview of your supply chain, how a location will receive supplies, the movement of goods or services, as well as a plan to promote the location.
- Layout Plan: Consider the placement of desks, workstations, and how materials will be delivered and used.
- Human Resources and Employee Growth: Implement continuous improvement programs with regular reviews, continuous training for employees, and institute employee satisfaction programs.
- Supply Chain Management: This area involves determining the best strategies to streamline, be cost effective, and develop trusted partnerships.
- Inventory: Different markets face different challenges when it comes to inventory, but each requires a strategy to plan for inventory control. Weather, supply shortages, and labor can each influence how an organization maintains its inventory.
- Scheduling: Consider both production and people. Ask questions, such as how much product needs to be produced for the customer in the required time? How many people and how many machines are required to do the job effectively?
- Maintenance: This includes maintaining people and machines, as well as, process. What do you need to do to maintain quality and keep resources reliable and stable?
ENHANCE OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT WITH ROOTSTOCK ERP
Rootstock is a next-generation, cloud ERP solution that fully leverages the Salesforce platform. It is designed to complement your existing products, sales and customer data, business objectives and business rules in Salesforce to provide a complete end-to-end view of your manufacturing operations, inventories, supply chain, and finances. Learn more about Rootstock ERP and see it in action.