20 Nov Einstein Analytics – Our Consultants’ Top Features
Everybody wants reports from their Salesforce instance. What organization doesn’t want to see pipeline health, sales team performance, customer retention rate, or marketing ROI? While Salesforce can easily produce these reports, what happens when you’re eager for deeper insights? What if you need to compare Salesforce customer data to your ERP’s data, or trend years of historical volume?
That’s where Einstein Analytics comes in – Salesforce’s own premium business intelligence tool to bridge your data with beautiful visuals and artificial intelligence.
We asked our consultants to share their favorite features – let’s see the top 3 that came as most popular out of Einstein Analytics!
What we admire most is the variety of visual aspects that are unique to Einstein Analytics. With so many options, we can explore the psychological and communicative aspect of analytics – what message do we want to convey, what message do viewers of the data need to see, and what type of graph will most effectively portray the reality of the data?
- In addition to the typical bar or line or pie charts, we can choose charts that Salesforce has never seen – heat maps show a matrix-style representation of a data range with color representation of volume, maps to see geographical distribution of data across the globe, or sankey diagrams to see the proportionate volume of data transformation through a process.
- Graphs can be bound together so filtering one of them will apply a faceted search to ensure a consistent filtering of data across multiple data representations. This allows for quick maneuvering through large quantities of data spread out over many charts.
- Dashboards can be separated into pages and sections to group similar graphs together and can be paired with tables to show details of the records contained within the graph.
2) PRE-BUILT DASHBOARDS / APPS
What we find really great about Einstein Analytics is it can be plug and play. There are pre-built dashboards available for Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, and Pardot. This allows any company to get great insights very quickly, without needing extensive business intelligence knowledge.
There are interactive dashboards that come pre-populated with your own Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, or Pardot data, and you can embed those dashboards anywhere. You can also use those dashboards as starting points to build your own.
- The Sales Analytics App comes with a dashboard called Sales Analytics Home. It’s a great starting point to quickly see where you are relative to your goals.
- It also comes with an Executive Overview which is great for the execs to get a relevant Dashboard for them right away.
- Other pre-built dashboards include Forecasts and a Leaderboard.
- There is a Team Whitespace dashboard allowing you to uncover resell and upsell opportunities by viewing whitespace.
- There is a Team Trending dashboard that allows you to see how things are trending.
- The Service Analytics App comes with a dashboard called Service Analytics Overview. It offers a quick look at important metrics.
- It also gives you pre-built dashboards that give you insights into your agents’ performance and activity, along with a dashboard that breaks data down by Account.
B2B Marketing Analytics:
The B2B Marketing Analytics app, which brings Pardot data into Einstein Analytics, comes with four pre-built dashboards:
- The Engagement Dashboard – allows marketers to explore their engagement data:
- The Pipeline Dashboard – provides an end-to-end view of your marketing pipeline:
- The Marketing Manager Dashboard – gives a quick view into the health of the business:
- Multi-Touch Attribution Dashboard – allows marketers to track campaign influence.
These tools will get you up and running quickly, and get you learning about the platform in an interactive way. It’s always easier to learn when you have something to build from. There’s no need to start from scratch with pre-built dashboards.
Einstein Analytics allows you to perform complex tuning of your data as an ETL would. Transformations such as: append, augment, filter and others are possible on Salesforce or with external data. Einstein Analytics offers a simple user interface to facilitate the work. You have the Dataset Builder to help build a single dataset from one or several related Salesforce objects.
And you have Recipes which provide a clean layout to format or combine datasets, generate formula fields , filter rows or transform field values:
Then the *Dataflow* will allow you to go even further like applying row-level security to restrict access to records for certain users:
Artificial intelligence has simplified the analytics workflow from data preparation to context-driven visualizations and recommendations. Einstein Analytics is seeing rapid global adoption as the only complete Salesforce analytics platform powered by artificial intelligence.
Questions? Comments? Drop us a line, we are ready to help.